Making Your Family Addition Official
There are many ways to expand your family through adoption. Whether you are a foster parent, stepparent, family member or a parent who is welcoming an adopted baby into your life, The Bruman Law Group can help.
Five Things To Consider In A Texas Adoption
The more information you have, the better prepared you will be. While adoption is a joyful, life-changing event, it also requires attention to detail, numerous documents and meeting many deadlines. Some issues with which you may require assistance include:
- The termination of the biological parents’ rights
- The documents needed to file for adoption, their deadlines and where to file them
- The expenses you can legally pay a birth mother
- Out-of-state adoption issues
- Your rights and obligations before the adoption is official
There is perhaps no greater happiness in life than welcoming a child into your family. Working with a family law attorney can help ensure that your adoption goes as smoothly as possible.
Help For Many Types Of Texas Adoptions
Reach out to Steven I. Bruman, a family law attorney with over 30 years of experience in the family courts for help with your adoption. At The Bruman Law Group, the team will work with you to resolve any issues you have or that may arise. We can help with:
- Same-sex adoption: For same-sex couples who are creating a family together through adoption
- Family adoption: Also called kinship adoption (see relative adoption)
- Stepparent adoption: Becoming an official parent of the child
- Foster child adoption: Adopting a child after foster parenting
- Infant adoption: From newborn to toddler
- Relative adoption: When you want to add a grandchild, niece or nephew to your family
We can guide and advise you on the paperwork and process, including the preparation and informational meetings for training, home visits, disclosures and other official and required steps.
Guidance And Support For A Seamless Adoption
You may need a little guidance or a lot. No matter what your need, we can help ensure that you understand what you need to do and when and explain why. Call 281-583-0055 and set up a meeting to get all your Texas adoption process questions answered. You can also connect with us via email.